To explore the results of a run by NONMEM 7.2.0, you need to follow the steps below.
1. put the control file, data input file (*.csv) for example, into c:\temp. Typically the names of control and data input files are like 5002.ctl and pamam.csv.
2. make run number subdirectoy under c:\temp --> c:\temp\5002.
3. copy 5002.ctl and pamam.csv to c:\temp\5002.
4. to use parallel computing, copy mpiwini8.pnm or fpiwini8.pnm and psexec.exe to c:\temp\5002.
5. copy and rename c:\temp\pamam.csv (data input file) to c:\temp\5002.csv (fit4NM need run number.csv).
6. open c:\temp\5002\5002.ctl and make sure that it contains the statements below.
1) $COVARIANCE PRINT=E
2) you need to insert the following $TABLE statement into control file (c:\temp\5002\5002.ctl)
$TABLE ID TIME DV IPRED IRES IWRES NPRED NRES NWRES PREDI RESI WRESI CPRED CRES CWRES CPREDI CRESI CWRESI EPRED ERES EWRES NPDE FILE=5002.NOH NOPRINT ONEHEADER
$TABLE ID ETA(1) ETA(2) ETA(3) ETA(4)
FILE=5002.ETA NOPRINT FIRSTONLY NOAPPEND
$TABLE ID V1 V2 CL Q K10 K12 K21
FILE=5002.PAR NOPRINT ONEHEADER FIRSTONLY NOAPPEND
7. to use xpose4, additional $TABLE statements are needed as below.
$TABLE ID TIME MDV IPRED IWRES
FILE=sdtab5002 NOPRINT ONEHEADER
$TABLE ID V1 V2 CL Q K10 K12 K21 ETA1 ETA2 ETA3 ETA4
FILE=patab5002 NOPRINT ONEHEADER NOAPPEND
$TABLE ID MW
FILE=cotab5002 NOPRINT ONEHEADER NOAPPEND
$TABLE ID GEN
FILE=catab5002 NOPRINT ONEHEADER NOAPPEND
7. Run c:\temp\5002\5002.ctl using direct run, external editor or default editor in fit4NM, or using UEStuio (run table is not made automatically unlikely in the previous NONMEM versions. So, you need to make run table manually as described in the following).
8. in fit4NM, make run table from.....find run number subdirectory (c:\temp\5002)
9. then you can use full functions of fit4NM.